As tasty as plain grilled salmon is, it is always great to find a sauce that compliments your fish perfectly. I made this last night and had to pass it along to everyone. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 2 large oranges
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut oranges in half and with paring knife remove sections from membrane. Add orange to medium
bowl. Add all remaining ingredients except salt and pepper. Toss lightly and then salt and pepper, to taste.
I made the salsa the day before and refrigerated until one hour before using. It is better at room temperature.
Serve on top of grilled salmon or on the side.